Grilled Norwegian Mackerel withSummer Salad
Summer calls for staple Scandinavian recipes that are perfect for those upcoming trips! Or to pair with a refreshing drink of your choice.
Photo from Seafood Norway
Ingredients for the mackerel:
- 750g mackerel fillet
- salt and pepper
Tip: To save time, you can also use ready-to-eat mackerel from your favourite grocer or vendor.
Ingredients for the
- 1-2 pcs fresh tomatoes, cherry tomatoes are also fine
- Fresh cucumber, halved
- 12 pcs radishes
- 1 tbsp fresh chives
- 100ml cheese spread
- 100ml light sour cream
- Milk, fresh or evaporated
- salt and pepper to taste
- fried bacon, chopped to bits
Tip: You can also add more leafy greens like arugula and lettuce if you want to add more crunch.
How to prepare the dish:
- Cut mackerel into portions and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Brush with oil and grill for approx. 2 minutes on each side.
- Set aside.
- Cut tomato in wedges or halves, slice the radish and cucumber.
- Add in the finely chopped chives, and mix it together.
- Whisk bacon, cheese, and sour cream.
- Add a little milk until the dressing has a nice consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad.
- Serve the grilled mackerel with salad and bread.
You liked this recipe? Try this one next time!
Salmon, cream, and veggies. This popular homey one-pot dish in Norway is prepared in less than 30 minutes. ⏰
Ideal for those chilly and busy days! 🌨